Last season on Game of Thrones…
- The Starks were divided, and became victims in the Game of Thrones.
- King Robert Baratheon paid for his indiscretions.
- Cersei and Jaime Lannister are unnatural.
- Jon Snow learned the wall truly was the end of the world, and a life of honor isn’t glamorous.
- Sansa discovered that fairy tales don’t really come true.
- Ned learned to never trust a boy king.
- Catelyn Stark became the first ever female Hand of the King when Robb decided to go to war with the Lannisters.
- Tyrion was appointed to a powerful position.
- Daenerys Targaryen became the Mother of Dragons
“You love your children. That’s your only redeeming quality. That and your cheekbones.”
Tyrion finally arrives to fill his father’s seat as Hand of the king much to Cersei’s dismay. Joffrey is out of control. He is a bully that gets a kick out of hurting others, and even threatens to kill his mother when she disciplines him for being disrespectful. He’s a monster, and Cersei has to know that he’s exactly what she made him. How horrible it must be for a mother to realize she’s created a monster. The problem is: Joffrey is king, and there’s nothing she can do about it. How do you stop a boy who has the power to have his father’s illegitimate children executed no matter how young they are? Absolutely nothing.
Click here to read more of my recap over at TV After Dark Online.