Previously on The Vampire Diaries…
- Damon acted like Molly Ringwald in 16 Candles, hoping Elena would show up at the lake house in a Corvette.
- Rebekah mean girled Elena, Stefan, and Caroline.
- Stefan got his heart-broken some more.
- Caroline is the worst best friend ever.
- Elena is secretly a bitch.
- Tyler grieved.
- Sheriff Forbes and the new Mayor nearly burned down MFHS with thousands of unattended candles.
- Bonnie almost killed April.
- Jeremy and Matt relived Karate Kid. The unfun version.
- Klaus committed another genocide. Must be Thursday!
When I heard this episode would be called, “Catch Me If You Can,” I immediately thought of the Leonardo DiCaprio movie of the same name. In that film. Frank Abagnale, Jr. ran cons as a teenager, and stole millions of dollars in the process by forging checks. For years he was chased by the FBI, until one day he got caught. He was such a pro, the US government offered him a job catching forgers. In tonight’s episode everyone was running around in their race for the cure, while trying to catch their opponents to take them out of commission. Team Stebekah went after Shane for Silas’ tombstone. Team Klaus tried to complete Jeremy’s mark. Team Kol wreaked havoc, while Team Shane got sidelined. Overall, the night was filled with disappointments, revelations, and VampSex. (More…)