Previously on The Vampire Diaries…
- Klaus’ compelled bar vampires attacked Matt.
- Elena saved the day.
- Stefan and Rebekah searched Shane’s office for Silas’ tombstone. Contemplated becoming ‘friends with benefits.’
- Kol killed Vamps, attacked Jeremy, and compelled Damon.
- (Compelled) Damon attempted to murder Jeremy so Silas couldn’t be awaken.
- Stefan saved the day.
- Damon got bled, and imprisoned.
- Stefan told Elena, “You don’t know what I look like when I’m not in love with you,” then boned Rebekah.
- Elena decided to have Jeremy kill Kol in order to complete his Hunter’s Mark.
The Vampire Diaries has been on a roll lately with their episode titles. This week, “A View to a Kill” calls to mind the James Bond film of the same name, and the famous Duran Duran theme song it inspired. Like most Bond films, this one had a complicated plot that was hard to follow, but interesting to watch. I won’t go into too many details, but imagine a bunch of running around, back-stabbing, and explosive death in the finale and you’d get the gist. In fact, it’s pretty similar to this episode. (Minus an 1980’s dance, and vampires…)
Meeting you with a view to a kill
Face to faces, secret places, feel the chill
Stefan wakes up the morning after, and wonders how he could have slept with Rebekah. Instead of dealing with an awkward morning after convo, Stefan tries to sneak out of her room, but is caught by Klaus. Oops, busted! Klaus wants Bex’s dagger so he can put down Kol, remove Damon’s compulsion, and keep Jeremy safe. She isn’t interested. Since Kol has stolen the other daggers, Rebekah’s is the only one left, and she isn’t taken any chances. After she storms off, Klaus tries to get Stefan’s help in retrieving the dagger by reminding him a human Elena and her Golden Vag await him. Sold! (More…)