Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. This meme gives bloggers a chance to share with readers what we bought, borrowed, swapped, won or received for review each week. I also decided that I would do a weekly recap, and link up with The Sunday Post, which is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer, that was inspired in part by In My Mailbox. It’s a post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
Last Week on the Blog
This Week on the Blog
This week on the blog will be a little light again, because I’ve been reading all the ARCs I have like a fiend. For some reason I thought it would be a great idea to ask for ARCs that are all available in the first couple of weeks in August. Doh! However, I’ve been waiting for J. R. Ward’s The Bourbon Kings and JLA’s Every Last Breath for too long to put off, and will drop everything to read them when they’re released on Tuesday. You can tell from below which one will be read first 😉
- Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Characters Who Are Fellow Book Nerds
- Waiting on Wednesday: Queen of Always (Stolen Empire) by Sherry D. Ficklin
- Book Review: The Bourbon Kings by J. R. Ward
- Book Review: Every Last Breath (The Dark Elements) by Jennifer L. Armentrout (?)
- Black-Eyed Susans by Julia Heaberlin (August 11th)
- Beauty and the Bachelor by Naima Simone (August 11th)
- The Colonel’s Daughter by Amy Andrews (August 11th)
- Hostage Taker (Eve Rossi #1) by Stefani Pintoff (August 18th)
- Beauty and the Bachelor by Naima Simone (via Entangled Publishing)
- The Colonel’s Daughter by Amy Andrews (via Entangled Publishing)
- Dodging Temptation by Avery Flynn (via Entangled Publishing)
An Evening with Hannibal
Thursday I attended a screening of NBC’s Hannibal at the Los Angeles Contemporary museum of Art (LACMA). Creator Bryan Fuller was there talking about the second half of the season, and if the series has a chance of continuing next season on a different network or on Netflix. If you don’t know, the series was canceled after three seasons, but NBC is planning to air the final episodes that have already been filmed on Saturday night’s. Fuller intimated that how the season ends may make fans not want the show to carry on elsewhere, as it’s kind of a reboot of the series. My theory: Will and Hannibal may be phased out to the background with occasional guest roles, while Clarice Starling emerges to battle Buffalo Bill, and other bad guys. Don’t quote me on this, though, as Fuller never gave any hints about how the season will end.
National Dance Day
Saturday was the day! My friend had an emergency and wasn’t able to go wit me,but I went anyway, and had a blast. Everyone met in Grand Park and danced the day away. It turned out I didn’t need to practice the dances, because they taught everyone how to do them before we did the routines. There were musical performances, good eats, and just a bunch of people who love dance. Some of the past So You Think You Can Dance? dancers came to dance with us, and Nigel Lythgoe kicked off the festivities, while the dance show filmed. Who knows? You may see me on tv Monday night!