Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. This meme gives bloggers a chance to share with readers what we bought, borrowed, swapped, won or received for review each week. I also decided that I would do a weekly recap, and link up with The Sunday Post, which is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer, that was inspired in part by In My Mailbox. It’s a post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
Last Week on the Blog
This Week on the Blog
- Book Review: Blood and Metal (A Dark Desires Novel) by Nina Croft
- Book Review: Nightwalker (The World of Nightwalkers Series) by Jacquelyn Frank
- Teaser Tuesday & Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books That Would Be On My Syllabus If I Taught Dystopian Novels 101
- Waiting on Wednesday: Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices) by Cassandra Clare
- Book Review: Zack ( A Cold Fury Hockey Novel) by Sawyer Bennett
- Book Blitz: Moment in Time by Lisa Mondello
Around the Blogosphere
- Jen @ The BookAvid asked, “Impossible Goodreads TBRs – Do You Even Try?“
- Deadly Crush by Ashley Stoyanoff
- Succubus Blues (Georgia Kincaid #1) by Richelle Mead
- Succubus on Top (Georgia Kincaid #2) by Richelle Mead
- Omega: Beginnings (#1-4) by Lizzie Ford (via Xpresso Book Tours)
- Omega by Lizzie Ford (via Xpresso Book Tours)
- Scandal (Part 1) by Alison Foster (via Xpresso Book Tours)
- Signs Point to Yes by Sandy Hall (via Xpresso Book Tours)
- Book Blitz: Moment in Time by Lisa Mondello Giveaway (1) Ebook Copy
Life Outside the ‘Net
I went back to work officially on Monday, and the kids arrived on Tuesday. Since I taught 3rd grade a couple of years ago I’m familiar with the kids, and know I have a tough group. However, what made the week difficult was that I feel I’m coming down with something. Really?!? Four days with kids and I’m sick. SMDH!
On the fitness front, I completed another 6 day workout week, and ran 3 miles with my running club on Saturday. I was supposed to compete in a 5K/282 stair climb Saturday evening, but after staying out late with my family Friday evening, I was just too tired. So glad I got my workout on early that morning! According to my Apple Watch:
- 330 Cal. goal: 6 days
- 30 min. exercise: 4 days
- 12 hrs stand: 6 days
Since I only was supposed to run 20-25 min on Tuesday & Thursday according to my training schedule, my data is right on target. This week I’ll run 30 minutes on those two days, and will hopefully increase my 30 minute minimum exercise per day at least 6 days of the week. Unfortunately, I probably won’t make 7 days as Sundays are decompression days where I leisurely walk 20 minutes to work out the kinks from Saturday’s run. However, as my miles increase I’ll probably start yoga again.
In bookish news, I didn’t get any swag this week, but I decided to sign up for Scribd in a bid to find new ways to save money and get new books at the same time. I’ve found a lot of books I’ve been wanting to read there, and am excited to get started using it. Plus, I may try to listen to audiobooks again. Maybe this time I’ll be able to focus, and maybe listen to them while I workout. Hopefully I’ll like this more than Amazon Unlimited, which I found to be lacking in prime books.