Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. This meme gives bloggers a chance to share with readers what we bought, borrowed, swapped, won or received for review each week. I also decided that I would do a weekly recap, and link up with The Sunday Post, which is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer, that was inspired in part by In My Mailbox. It’s a post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
Last Week on the Blog
This Week on the Blog
- Cover Reveal: The Divide (The Dreamer Series) by E. J. Mellow
- Book Tour: Scratched (The Anderson Brothers Series) by Marie Long – Guest Post & Giveaway (Ends 8/13)
- Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Fairytale Retellings I’ve Read/Want To Read
- Waiting on Wednesday: Blackmail Boyfriend by Chris Cannon
- Black-Eyed Susans by Julia Heaberlin (August 11th)
- Beauty and the Bachelor by Naima Simone (August 11th)
- The Colonel’s Daughter by Amy Andrews (August 11th)
- Hostage Taker (Eve Rossi #1) by Stefani Pintoff (August 18th)
- Fearless by Shae Ross (August 18th)
- Unexpectedly His by Maggie Kelley (August 18th)
- Fearless by Shae Ross (via Entangled Publishing)
- Unexpectedly His by Maggie Kelley (via Entangled Publishing)
- Deadly Trouble by J.L. Hammer (via Entangled Publishing)
- Blood and Metal by Nina Croft (via Entangled Publishing)
- The Bourbon Kings by J.R. Ward (Purchased)
- Every Last Breath (The Dark Elements) by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Purchased)
- Hunter by Mercedes Lackey (via NetGalley)
- Breaking the Bachelor (A Smart Cupid Novel) by Maggie Kelley (Purchased)
Around the Blogosphere
- Maria @ Teen YA Book Nerd gave 5 Reasons Why You Should Read the Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- My cousin Anike has written a story for a short animated film titled, Frances the Fish, that educated people about salmon conservation. She’s hoping to turn the storyboards into the animated film, and is fundraising for the project. She’s put together a great team of actors, musicians, and artists, and the project sounds really interesting.
Life Outside The ‘Net
- Received my first Fandom of the Month Club subscription box. Love The Hunger Games! If you’re interested in receiving one yourself, their back to accepting subscriptions.
- Attended a free Vanessa Williams Concert in Marina Del Rey. Really great time with the family.
Overall, my week was pretty slow. I read a lot, and scheduled a lot of posts for this month. I think things are going to be pretty exciting around here. *fingers crossed* Anywho, I still have two more weeks of vacation, and I’m going to enjoy as much of it as possible. Some changes at work, and I plan to attend a meeting to discover just exactly what that means. Despite saying I wouldn’t ask for more ARCs, I have. Ugh! LOL, can’t help myself sometimes. Luckily, I’m reading right through them. Next up, I plan to get back to The Luxe and The Raven Cycle so I can start making my way through the books I’ve purchased that have been lingering on my iPad for ages. Some even for years ;( Until next time… happy reading & have a wonderful week!