Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. This meme gives bloggers a chance to share with readers what we bought, borrowed, swapped, won or received for review each week. I also decided that I would do a weekly recap, and link up with The Sunday Post, which is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer, that was inspired in part by In My Mailbox. It’s a post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
Last Week on the Blog
This Week on the Blog
- Book Blitz & Giveaway: Pushing Send by Abby Derby & Jacqueline Ross
- Book Review: Beauty and the Bachelor by Naima Simone
- Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Authors I’ve Read The Most Books From
- Book Review: Black-Eyed Susans by Julia Heaberlin
- Book Blitz & Giveaway: Stepbrother, Mine by Opal Carew
- Waiting on Wednesday: The Raven King (The Raven Cycle #4) by Maggie Stiefvater
- Book Review & Discussion: Splendor (The Luxe) by Anna Godbersen (SPOILERS)
- Book Review: Unexpectedly His (A Smart Cupid Story) by Maggie Kelley
- Book Review: Deadly Trouble (A Vegas Vixens Novel) by J. L. Hammer
- Hostage Taker (Eve Rossi #1) by Stefani Pintoff (August 18th)
- Fearless by Shae Ross (August 18th)
- Unexpectedly His by Maggie Kelley (August 18th)
- The Summer Marked by Rebecca L. Purdy (via Entangled Publishing)
- Shifter: City of Wolves by Avery Burch (via Xpresso Book Tours)
- Armada by Ernest Cline (via Blogging for Books)
- Book Blitz: Scratched (The Anderson Brothers Series) by Marie Long – Guest Post & Giveaway (Ends 8/13)
- Book Blitz & Giveaway: Pushing Send by Ally Derby & Jacqueline Ross (August 10-14)
- Book Blitz & Giveaway: Stepbrother, Mine by Opal Carew (August 11-20)
Apple Watch Mini-Review
I bought an Apple Watch for myself as an early birthday present. I’m an Apple fanatic, so it wasn’t ever a question of if I was getting one, but when I was getting one. I liked it when I first saw it, but not enough that I had to wait in a long line to have it. So after my friend Susie was given one by her husband for Mother’s Day, and I got the chance to see it and play with it a bit, I decided to wait for my birthday. If I still wanted one I’d get it. If not, then I wouldn’t. With my
37th 25th birthday approaching on the 16th, my desire to get active again and lose weight + tech lust = me getting my watch. So what do I think after 3 weeks of using it?
- I like being reminded to keep moving thanks to the activity app. This is a plus as a blogger and teacher to not sit for too long.
- It’s light weight and extremely comfortable.
- It’s highly customizable. Not only can you change the watch face, but you can also remove the bands for different looks.
- I bought the white Apple Watch Sport, and the Milanese Loop band to dress watch up for more formal occasions. The stainless steel mesh band actually looks really nice with the aluminum watch face.
- Having the map on wrist makes it easier, because you can keep eyes on the road instead of looking at your phone for next turn. Watch sounds and vibrates when it’s time for next turn.
- Workout app is really great, and will help me train for my upcoming races.
- I found out the hard way that watch doesn’t work with wrist tattoos. Heart rate monitor works well at resting rate, but tattoos interfere at active rate.
- Heart rate monitor & workout app don’t work with wrist tattoos. Two of my tattoos happen to be on my preferred watch wrist, so now I have to get used to wearing watch on my right wrist 🙁 Though this isn’t my first activity device, it’s the first one I’ve had with a heart rate monitor.