Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. This meme gives bloggers a chance to share with readers what we bought, borrowed, swapped, won or received for review each week. I also decided that I would do a weekly recap, and link up with The Sunday Post, which is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer, that was inspired in part by In My Mailbox. It’s a post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
- Sing For Me by Gracie Madison (Netgally via Xpresso Book Tours)
- Queen Song (The Red Queen) by Victoria Aveyard
- The Last of the Firedrakes (The Avalonia Chronicles) by Farah Oomerbhoy
Last 2 Weeks on the Blog
This Week on the Blog
- Teaser Tuesday & Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Bookish Things I Want to Quit Or Have Quit (Topic TBD)
- Waiting on Wednesday: The Game of Lives (The Mortality Doctrine) by James Dashner
- Book Tour: Sing Your Heart Out (Sinful Serenade #1) by Crystal Kaswell (Review & Giveaway)
- Blog Tour: City of Roses by Donovan Pruitt (Review (?) & Giveaway)
- Blog Tour: Here They Lie (The Bloodstone Legacy) by D’Ann Burrow (Review & Giveaway)
- Shifter: City of Wolves (Shifter Series) by Avery Burch (Ends 10/15)
- The Assassin (Moral Beloved) by Pamela DuMond (Ends 10/8)
- Omega (Omega Series) by Lizzy Ford (Ends 10/15)
- Sing Your Heart Out (Sinful Serenade #1) by Crystal Kaswell (Ends 10/15)
- City of Roses by Donovan Pruitt (Ends 10/15)
- Here They Lie (The Bloodstone Legacy) by D’Ann Burrow (Ends 10/15)
Life Outside the ‘Net
Not much has happened over the past few weeks.I’ve been working, training, and going to school. There were some highlights, and quite a few lowlights. I think I’m partly to blame for my own extremely high stress level, so as I head into October, the plan is to take some time to breathe, and scale back. Sadly, one of the things to go is my marathon training, as I’ve been diagnosed with having Plantar Fascitis in both of my feet. So until further notice, no more working out for me. Since I’m trying to focus on the positive, here are some highlights of the past two weeks.
- I ran a blacklight run in San Diego last Saturday, September 26th. My friend Joy lives down there, so I spent the night, and we had a good time. The only downer is that my foot injury persists.
- The Japanese test I was stressed out about turned out to not be so bad. Phew!
- I did a Vascular Plant science experiment with my students, and taught them the scientific method. They loved working with their hands, and were very into the experiment. This shows me that they need more activities where they get to work together, move around, and use their hands. Fun was had by (mostly) all, and they figured out on their own that xylem and phloem in plans work similarly to veins and arteries in mammals (specifically humans). Woo hoo!
- I finally began reading Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas! Thanks to Oyster, I’ll be able to read almost the entire series for a small monthly fee. Not that there was anything wrong with Scribd, but Oyser has more features in their e-reader that I like.
What’s your week been like?