I decided that I would do a weekly recap, and link up with The Sunday Post, which is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer, that was inspired in part by In My Mailbox. It’s a post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
last week on the blog
- [13 Dec] The Week in Review: “Is it Friday Yet? (December 6th – December 12th)
- [15 Dec] Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Best Books I Read In 2015
- [16 Dec] Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff ★★★★
- [17 Dec] Excerpt Blitz: Thief of Lies (Library Jumpers Series) by Brenda Drake
- [17 Dec] Book Blitz: Walking Heartbreak by Sunniva Dee (Giveaway & Excerpt)
- [18 Dec] Come Back to Me by Mila Gray ★★★★★
- [18 Dec] The Insanity Series (The Complete Books 1-3) by Cameron Jace (Giveaway & Excerpt)
- [19 Dec] 2016 Dystopia Reading Challenge Sign-Up
this week on the blog
- Book Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
- Top Ten Tuesday: “Top Ten Books I Wouldn’t Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree This Year”
- 2016 Flights of Fantasy Reading Challenge (?)
around the blogosphere
- Monica @ The Tomes Project informs readers of the “TBR | #CRAMATHON 2015“
- Helen @ She Reads Novels asks if you should read historical books broadly or narrowly in “Historical Musings #9: Reading broadly or reading narrowly?“
- Andrea @ Bookish Lifestyle joins Bea’s Book Nook’s “2016 Finishing the Series Reading Challenge.”
- Rachel @ Hello, Chelly! announced that she will be hosting the 2016 Flights of Fantasy Reading Challenge next year with Alexa from Alexa Loves Books.
life outside the ‘net
This week was crazy busy! I started the week by spending Sunday cramming for my Japanese final, that I ended up only partially ready for. Mostly due to either falling asleep on Friday, and hanging with family on Saturday instead of studying 🙁 Monday was pretty normal, except I didn’t get much sleep thanks to my nervousness about my final. Sleepy, anxious, and ready for my winter break, I took my final.
Tuesday was weird. Still not getting sleep, I got up earlier than normal and got to work to discover I had to leave due to my district being out down because of a bomb threat. Gulp! Even though it was all over the news, me and the other early birds waited for confirmation from our Principal and/or the District itself before heading back home. Once it came, some friends and I went to breakfast. Later, I completed my Christmas shopping, while dodging fire trucks, and LAPD helicopters swarming over every LAUSD school. Such a surreal experience!
Wednesday it was back to school as usual, only to discover the test I had been preparing my students of was postponed due to Tuesday’s events. YAY! However, Tuesday really messed everything up. I never knew what to do about my students who were going to receive presents from the parents in the parent center. Or, if my class was allowed to see the winter program. At least I didn’t have to go to class that night.
Thursday put me one day closer to freedom and was my last full day with the kids in 2015. After school we had a baby shower for one of my co-workers, and it was nice celebrating such a wonderful event after the craziness from earlier in the week. Like the rest of the week I passed out around 8pm, which I blame on my cold. However, unlike the other days, I actually slept until my alarm went off. Score 1 for me!
Friday was the last day of school. I had a fun time with my students. We did holiday themed activities, and they practiced their reading comprehension on the computer. I thought I was being slick, but they saw through my ruse, and figured out I had really given them work, dressed up as fun 😉 I’m hoping this will be a lesson not to piss me off by misbehaving right before a holiday. We’ll see if they remember come Spring break time. After I dismissed my students at 12:30pm, I spent the next 2 hours at the staff party. Eating, talking, and laughing with my co-workers as we received gifts from our administration, and Secret Santas revealed themselves. Overall, the week was great fun!