I decided that I would do a weekly recap, and link up with The Sunday Post, which is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer, that was inspired in part by In My Mailbox. It’s a post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog. This week was filled with a bit of Happy Mail, sleepy nights, and lots of bookish dreaming.
last week on the blog
- [17 Jan] THE WEEK IN REVIEW: (JANUARY 10th – JANUARY 16TH)
- [18 Jan] The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater ★★★★★
- [19 Jan] Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I’ve Recently Added To My TBR
- [20 Jan] Full Measures by Rebecca Yarros ★★★★★
- [21 Jan] Hallowed Ground by Rebecca Yarros ★★★★★
- [22 Jan] Anatomy of a Player by Cindi Madsen ★★★★
- [23 Jan] Top 5 Characters I’d Have on My Apocalypse Survival Crew
this week on the blog
- Blog Tour: Killer Pursuit (Allison McNeil) by Jeff Gunhus (Giveaway)
- Top Ten Tuesday: Freebie (TBD)
- Perspectives on Relationships in J. R. Ward’s Dark Lover
- Book Review: Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle) by Maggie Stiefvater
Around the Blogosphere
- Barnes & Noble: “Best-selling Teen Books 2/$20.” (Ends 1/26)
life outside the ‘net
This week has been pretty eventful. Monday I went to the dentist and orthodontist, and wound up getting braces to fix a problem that’s been getting steadily worse since I had my Wisdom teeth removed several years ago. I got clear ones, but I’m still self-conscious despite the many compliments I’ve received. I have to go back this Monday to finish off my first treatment. I only have to wear them for 12-18 months, but if I’d really thought about it, instead of being impulsive, I might have waited. 2016 is going to be a busy year, and probably not the best one for such a drastic change. Oh, well!
Tuesday I went back to work, and the week flew by. I received my first Uppercase subscription on Wednesday, and I love it! Definitely worth getting next month. Most of my activities surrounded work as my students were testing, and there were meetings to be had. So I fell asleep super early pretty much every night. Except Friday. That day I visited my aunt and uncle, and watched basketball. Other than this, I mostly spent the week reading Blue Lily, Lily Blue, and now I can’t wait for The Raven King to be released.