I decided that I would do a weekly recap, and link up with The Sunday Post, which is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer, that was inspired in part by In My Mailbox. It’s a post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
This week has been another week where I’ve passed out at a crazy early hour. So, my reading has suffered a bit. I did finish one book, though, and it was really good. Good enough that I’m now reading the sequel. Michael Grant’s writing is really great, and I can’t help but turn the page to see what’s coming next. Aside from spending the week inhaling Gone, I tried to read another book that I couldn’t bring myself to finish, and starting an ARC that I’m really digging.
My weekend was a bit busy, but nice. Friday was payday. Woo hoo! I won’t lie. I’ve been broker than broke, so having a bit of green made my day. Then after work I went to Happy Hour with friends from work. It’s been a long time since we last did that, and I really needed to hang out with friends. Then on Saturday I went to my first meeting of Mocha Girls Read book club meeting. The women seem really nice, and were very welcoming. I loved discussing Dorothy Must Die with them, and will definitely go back for the next meeting.
last week on the blog
- [31 Jan] THE WEEK IN REVIEW: “January Wrap-Up” (JANUARY 24TH – JANUARY 30th)
- [1 Feb] An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir ★★★½
- [1 Feb] Cover Reveal: Talon (Uncompromising Series) by Sybil Bartel
- [2 Feb] Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Futuristic Books I Love
- [4 Feb] I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga ★★★½
- [5 Feb] Wrecked by Sherilee Gray ★★★★
this week on the blog
- Book Review: The Millionaire Makeover (A Bachelor Auction Novel) by Naima Simone
- Top Ten Tuesday: TBD
- Book Review: Gone by Michael Grant
- Blog Tour: Dancing in the Athenian Rain by Katie Hamstead