I decided that I would do a weekly recap, and link up with The Sunday Post, which is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer, that was inspired in part by In My Mailbox. It’s a post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
This week I’ve been cleaning out and packing up my classroom. Report cards were due, practice for culmination has begun, and our luncheon was on Friday. I ate so much junk it was ridiculous! Other than that, I’ve been crashing (still). Not much reading done. However, I did finish listening to Salt to the Sea. It was very good, but audiobooks aren’t my thing, so I missed more than I would’ve if I had read it. So… no review coming. Due to my exhaustion, I still haven’t finished reading Jane Eyre. It’s becoming ridiculous now, as I have less than 200 pages to go, and it’s so good, but it’s like a sleeping pill or something. I did begin reading Covet by JR Ward, which has been on my TBR list for a long while. Really loving it, and should finish it tomorrow.
Saturday I ran errands, or tried to, but then I got unusually sleepy and took a “nap.” Nearly three hours later I woke up and the day was over. Oh, well! I did manage to buy food, and pick up some things for my upcoming trip to Japan. I think I have everything I need now, except my hair and nails done. Next week is my last week of school, and then I’ll be on summer vacation. YAY! I leave on the 15th to Michigan, and then off to Japan on the 19th, so I’ll be MIA during that time. However, I plan to have one final Sunday Post up before I unplug for a few weeks.
last month on the blog
- [1 May] Month in Review: April (APRIL 24TH – APRIL 30th)
- [3 May] Top Ten Tuesday: Eight Characters I’d Love To Revisit As An Adult
- [4 May] Sovereign by Celia Aaron ★★★★
- [8 May] Week IN REVIEW: “Team Cap All the Way” (May 1st – May 7th)
- [9 May] Passenger by Alexandra Bracken ★★★★
- [10 May] Admiral by Sean Danker ★★★★½
- [10 May] Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Websites I Waste a Lot of Time On (Then & Now)
- [14 May] The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead ★★★
- [15 May] WEEK IN REVIEW: “Ship Ahoy!” (MAY 8th – MAY 14TH)
- [16 May] The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi ★★★
- [17 May] Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books I Picked Up On A Whim
- [18 May] The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan ★★★★★
- [21 May] #COYER Summer Vacation Sign-Up
- [22 May] WEEK IN REVIEW: “Strawberry Shortcake” (MAY 15TH – MAY 21st)
- [23 May] The Wrath & the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh ★★★★½
- [23 May] The Rose & the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh ★★★★½
- [24 May] Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books I Feel Differently About After Time Has Passed
- [26 May] Article: Great Bookish Swag for Bibliophiles
- [29 May] WEEK IN REVIEW: “Under the Sea” (MAY 22nd – MAY 28th)
- [31 May] Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Great Beach Reads
this week on the blog
I must be suffering from exhaustion, because I have nothing planned. However, I’m sure I’ll think of something 🙂 Stay tuned!
excited for… / watching…
I’ve been trying to catch up on all my shows, so I’m marathoning 12 Monkeys since I haven’t had time to watch season 2. It’s one of the best ski-fi shows on tv, and if you’re not watching, you’re missing out. Even though the season is about to end, you can catch episodes OnDemand.
Source: Television Promos
I’ve been anxiously anticipating Robert Kirkman’s (The Walking Dead) newest series, Outcast since I first saw the trailer. It’s dark, suspenseful, and not something you want to watch with the lights out. Or maybe you would 🙂 Not for those who steer clear of demon possession stories a la The Exorcist, as the series is about just that. Very atmospheric, the show lulls you with its suspenseful story of a man trying to make amends, and then BAM! All hell breaks loose. I’m a hardcore horror fan, and I found myself jumping a time or two. The first episode has been available OnDemand for about 2 weeks now, but the series just officially premiered Friday night on Cinemax. So if you’re interested, you haven’t missed much and can easily catch up. But don’t say I didn’t warn you. Mwahahahahah!
I never got into the first season since I couldn’t stop comparing it to the novels by Blake Crouch. Yet when I saw the second season promo, I decided to give it a shot, and marathoned season 1 on Hulu. Now, I’m hooked on this series.Maybe all this tv watching is why I’m not reading…
Source: Television Promos
Lastly, AMC’s Preacher’s premiere episode was crazy insane, and just what I want to add to my Sunday night line-up. I’ve never read the comics, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I can’t wait to see what happens in episode 2.
Reading Challenge Update
The Backlist Reader Challenge
Host: The Bookwyrm\'s Hoard
My Summary Post
Progress: 4/24 (17%)
1 January, 2018 — 31 December, 2018