I decided that I would do a weekly recap, and link up with The Sunday Post, which is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer, that was inspired in part by In My Mailbox. It’s a post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
It’s been a long time since I’ve posted to The Sunday Post, but I’m back! The past several weeks have been fun. I flew to Michigan and spent a few days with my mom before we left for Japan. Japan was great! Everyone was friendly, the food was good, and I met a lot of new people. I was there for the Lions Club International Convention, and got the opportunity to see my mom sworn in as a District Governor. There aren’t a lot of women who’ve been in that position (in comparison to the men), so it was pretty wonderful to share that with her. We were there 9 days, and it rained the entire time. Ugh! Of course, we went during the rainy season, but it couldn’t be helped. The convention happens the same time every year.
When we returned to Michigan, I was home for two days before heading back to Los Angeles. The jet lag is still affecting me, and I’m keeping odd hours. Thank goodness I’m still on summer vacation, or I’d be screwed. While I was home, mom took her boyfriend out for his birthday, and then he drove me around Detroit so I could see all of the new construction. The city looks wonderful! It was nice to see it looking good, and that more people were moving into the city. With so much going on, it won’t be long before it makes a true comeback.
Since my return to CA I’ve been catching up on things I needed to take care of, like writing all the reviews for the books I read on my trip, and just enjoying my own bedroom. I’ll be flying back to Michigan for my 20th high school reunion at the end of this month, so I’m enjoying home while I can. The bright side is I’ll get to see more of my mom, friends I haven’t seen in ages, and still get to sleep in my bed. LOL!
last several weeks on the blog
- [12 Jun] Week IN REVIEW: “School’s Out For Summer” (JUNE 5TH – June 11th)
- [13 Jun] The Young Elites by Marie Lu ★★★★½
- [14 Jun] Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For The Second Half Of The Year
- [16 Jun] These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman, Meagan Spooner ★★★★
- [18 Jun] Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch ★★★½
- [3 Jul] Giveaway: Mega Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy Party
- [5 Jul] Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Underrated Books I Enjoyed
- [7 Jul] Girl in the Shadows by Gwenda Bond
- [8 Jul] The Ruins by ★★★½
this week on the blog
- Book Review: The Raven King (The Raven Cycle) by Maggie Stiefvater
- Book Review: Plage (A Gone Novel) by Michael Grant
- Book Review: Ice Like Fire (Snow Like Ashes) by Sara Raasch
around the blogosphere
- Giselle @ Xpresso Reads hosts “Epic Cover Battles #8: Pride and Prejudice Edition”
- Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Facts About Me
- Lisa & Becca @ Lost in Lit have a “HAPPY 4TH OF JULY GIVEAWAY!”
- Chelly @ Hello, Chelly! shares her trip to “Lovely Dublin.”
- Lark @ Bookwyrm’s Hoard hosts a giveaway for her “7 Year Blogoversary”.