I decided that I would do a weekly recap, and link up with The Sunday Post, which is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer, that was inspired in part by In My Mailbox. It’s a post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog. This week was my birthday week. I kicked it off by hanging out with an old friend from high school on Sunday. We had brunch, and then hung out in Pasadena listening to live reggae music. I had a bit too much to drink, so I was glad that I didn’t have to deal with kids my first official day back to work on Monday.
The kids came back to school on Tuesday, and the week was exhausting. I’ve already have drama with a few of the kids. Luckily they’re nothing like last year’s bunch, so I’m not worried about being able to handle them. What was exhausting was being back on a schedule, and all of the standing I do. After 9 weeks of laying about, I’m not used to being on my feet so much. Since I was so tired, I didn’t do much tv watch or reading. I’m still reading Plague of the Dead. It’s very good, but I still kept passing out while reading it. Hopefully I’ll finish it this weekend as I’m currently 80% done.
On Friday I went out with friends to celebrate surviving our first week back to work, and my birthday, which was on Tuesday. I threw caution to the wind and enjoyed myself. I figure I can get back on my diet the next day. Besides, It’s not like I go out tons. We had a great time laughing and talking, and I throughly enjoyed the rum punch. Yum! Maybe I enjoyed it too much, as I slept in very late Saturday, but it was worth it.
last week on the blog
- [14 Aug] THE WEEK IN REVIEW: “Heading Back to School” (AUGUST 7TH-14th )
- [15 Aug] Olmec Obituary by L.J.M. Owen ★★½
- [16 Aug] Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books Set in a Dystopia or After an Apocalypse
- [18 Aug] Enclave by Ann Aguirre ★★★★½
- [20 Aug] Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge ★★★★
this week on the blog
- [21 Aug] THE WEEK IN REVIEW: “Birthday Week” (AUGUST 14TH – August 20th)
- [23 Aug] Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books That Have Been On My TBR That I STILL Haven’t Read Yet
- [24 Aug] Deeper: Descent by allyn lesley ★★★★★
- [26 Aug] Every Exquisite Thing by Matthew Quick ★★★½
around the blogosphere
- Amy @ Passages to the Past is hosting a giveaway with “M.K. Tod’s Time and Regret Blog Tour w/Giveaway!“