I decided that I would do a weekly recap, and link up with The Sunday Post, which is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer, that was inspired in part by In My Mailbox. It’s a post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog. The past two weeks were pretty laid back, though I did go home to Michigan to attend my 20th high school reunion. Other than that, I basically relaxed, and prepared to return to work 🙁
Since I last talked to you all, I prepared to go back to Michigan to visit my mom, and catch up with old friends. I took Spirit Airlines which is The. Worst. Ever! You save initially on the fare, but have to pay for everything else. Including a seat. Even water isn’t free with them. Never again! Anywho, the plane to Michigan was FREEZING cold, and of course they don’t provide you with blankets. To deal with the freezing temps, I huddled inside my clothes and went to sleep. Things got much better once I got home. I caught up with friends, and attended a couple of events for the reunion. It was nice to catch up and see how everyone was doing.
Once the reunion ended, I prepared to come home to Los Angeles. That was another Spirit Airlines nightmare. Let’s just saw I didn’t get home to the next day 🙁 After resting up a bit, I began buying supplies for my new students. Target had pretty good deals, so I managed to get all my notebooks, and a new microwave for my classroom. Shhhhh! On Saturday I went to my first Dodgers game. They beat the Red Sox 3-0. Not the most exciting game, but it was fun spending the day at the stadium.
last week on the blog
- [31 Jul] Burnt Offerings by Robert Marasco ★½
- [2 Aug] Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books I’d Buy Right This Second If Given A Fully Loaded Gift Card
- [4 Aug] Light by Michael Grant ★★★★
- [6 Aug] Feed by Mira Grant ★★★★½
this week on the blog
- [7 Aug] THE WEEKS IN REVIEW: “Reunited” (JULY 24th – August 6th )
- [8 Aug] Beautiful Redemption by ★★★
- [9 Aug] Top Ten Tuesday: Nine Reasons Why I Love Bullet Journaling
- [11 Aug] Book Blitz: Under A Million Stars by Rita Branches (Giveaway + Interview)
- [13 Aug] The Angels' Share by ★★★★½
I know I’m late to the party, but I’m finally checking out Stranger Things. I’m only a few episodes in as I write this, but so far it seems pretty good. I guess time will tell!