I decided that I would do a weekly recap, and link up with The Sunday Post, which is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer, that was inspired in part by In My Mailbox. It’s a post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog. Last week was a difficult week as short work weeks always are for some strange reason. There was loads of drama, and I was exhausted enough to fall asleep by 8PM. Suffice it to say, I didn’t visit much family, blogs, or complete my book in the time needed to stay on track for my month’s reading list. Ugh! This upcoming week is another short week thanks to a day off on Wednesday, but hopefully it goes much better. I guess you can say the slump (reading/blogging) continues…
last week on the blog
- [2 Oct] THE WEEKs IN REVIEW: (SEPTEMBER 11TH – October 1st)
- [4 Oct] Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Bookish Villains
- [5 Oct] Threat by Tia Lewis
- [6 Oct] Neil by Sybil Bartel ★★★★
- [7 Oct] Theta by Lizzy Ford ★★½
this week on the blog
- [9 Oct] THE WEEK IN REVIEW: (OCTOBER 2nd – October 8th)
- [10 Oct] Mr. Mysterious: A Mister Standalone by
- [11 Oct] Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen ★★★★★
- [12 Oct] The Rose Society by Marie Lu ★★★★½
- [14 Oct] Iron Cast by Destiny Soria ★★★
Two of my most anticipated new releases, Gemina and The Midnight Star, which both hit shelves this month. I’ve already preordered them, so now I just have to wait for the Amazon truck to show up at my house 🙂 I finished The Rose Society on Saturday, and I can’t wait to read the next book. I’m so glad I waited until nearly release day, because waiting sucks.
I know this came out Friday, but I’m very excited to see it. The trailer looks amazing, and it just so happens to be the bookclub selection for this month. I ordered the book when I ordered my new releases above, so I should get a chance to devour it soon. Hopefully, I’ll get the opportunity to check out this film be next weekend.