I decided that I would do a weekly recap, and link up with The Sunday Post, which is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer, that was inspired in part by In My Mailbox. It’s a post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog. I’ve missed you all, but I’ve been really busy the last two weeks. Plus, I’ve been in a bit of a slump reading wise and blog wise. I find it’s taking me longer to read a book these days, and with the heat I just don’t want to use my laptop. However, I’ll admit to being anti-social lately.
When we last spoke I was headed off to two weddings back home in Michigan. They were both lovely, and beautiful affairs, and I had a great time. Plus, I got an opportunity to see more of my mom. When I returned, it was Back-to-School night at work. I had about a 50% parent turn out, and though the day was very long it was also pretty nice. Yet, what I didn’t expect was how long every other day of that week wold turn out to be. My students were horrid while I was away, and I had to do a lot of “clean-up” when I returned. Not only that, but then we had crazy heat and earthquakes that made everyone a bit off. The highlight of last weekend was that I filmed a skit for the bookclub’s YT channel. Mine is titled, “Top 5 Tips to Survive Your First Read-a-thon,” So head over to Mocha Girls Read to check it out. It should post sometime soon.
Last week was a good week for me personally, but a bad week at work. I don’t want to be a negative Nellie, so I’ll only focus on the good. My beautiful new Rustic Tote from Chic Sparrow arrived, and it is gorgeous! It holds so much stuff, and is so unbelievably soft. Plus the smell… Mmm! I also rolled my Mr. Darcy TN, and it feels even better. The true highlight is that I have a long weekend, so I can rest up for the coming week, and hopefully get some reading done. Lastly, yesterday the bookclub kicked off it’s 5th anniversary, and we had a blast talking about September’s book while enjoying the pot luck goodies. I can’t wait to start October’s book (The Girl on the Train) as it’s been on my TBR since its release, and the film is almost in theaters.
last 3 weeks on the blog
- [11 Sep] The Week in Review: “The Cooties Are Gonna Get You” (September 4th – 10th)
- [13 Sep] Top Ten Tuesday: ALL TIME Favorite Science Fiction / Fantasy Series
- [14 Sep] Bang by Avery Flynn ★★★★
- [16 Sep] A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir ★★★★½
- [26 Sep] Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas ★★★★★
- [27 Sep] Top Six Books On My Fall TBR List
- [29 Sep] The Devil's Prayer by Luke Gracias ★★★½
this week on the blog
- [2 Oct] THE WEEKs IN REVIEW: (SEPTEMBER 11TH – October 1st)
- [4 Oct] Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Bookish Villains
- [5 Oct] Threat by Tia Lewis
- [6 Oct] Neil by Sybil Bartel ★★★★
- [7 Oct] Theta by Lizzy Ford ★★½