I decided that I would do a weekly recap, and link up with The Sunday Post, which is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer, that was inspired in part by In My Mailbox. It’s a post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
Last week was my first week back to work, and it rained almost every day. California needs the water, but trapping me in the room with the kids made us all crazy. Luckily, the week as a whole was pretty good, and the kids bounced back into the swing of things. Aside from being cold and wet, I was also tired. Even though I still got up early every morning I was off, I wasn’t used to being back on my work schedule. Hopefully, I’ll bounce back better this week. Overall, everything was pretty good, and I discovered a new to me author (Jo Nesbø).
I used some of my Christmas gift cards to get a couple new books. One is Jane Davenport’s Beautiful Faces, and the other is Lauren Oliver’s Replica. I’ve already started using the art book, and the photos are really beautiful.
last week on the blog
- [8 Jan] THE WEEK IN REVIEW: (January 1st – January 7th)
- [9 Jan] The Final Winter by Iain Rob Wright ★★★★½
- [10 Jan] Top Ten 2016 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn’t Get To (But TOTALLY plan to)
- [11 Jan] Holes in the Ground by J.A. Konrath, Iain Rob Wright ★★★★½
- [13 Jan] WEBCAM by Jack Kilborn ★★★★½
this week on the blog
- Book Review: Disturb by J. A. Konrath
- Book Review: The Bat by Jo Nesbø