I decided that I would do a weekly recap, and link up with The Sunday Post, which is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer, that was inspired in part by In My Mailbox. It’s a post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
This week was yet another testing week, but it went by slower than the two previous weeks. My students are done with their state testing, but now I have to administer their end-of-the-year fluency tests in math and language arts. While my students were pretty good about keeping occupied during the state testing, they are finding it difficult to do it while I’m pulling individual students to test them on their reading fluency and comprehension. Luckily, I’m almost done with everyone so hopefully, this week will move faster for me.
On a personal front, not much happened. However, I read a couple books this week, making May the month where I’ve read the most books. I still have a little catching up to do review-wise, but I’m almost caught up. I’ve also started listening to Sarah J. Maas’ A Court of Mist and Fury on the way to work, and I’m really enjoying it. The narrator is doing a great job, and I’m liking the story more. On Saturday, my cousin and I went to see Alien: Covenant. I really enjoyed it and prepared for it by marathoning all of the Alien films. Despite not all of the films being that great, Alien remains one of my favorite films. I won’t claim that Covenant comes close to the earlier film’s greatness, but it was still pretty good.
Bookbub strikes again! I found these three books on sale for $1.99 each this past week, and couldn’t pass them up. Summertime is always good for romance and mystery. I’m not sure if they’re still on sale, but if they are, get them before it ends.
last week on the blog
- [14 May] THE WEEK IN REVIEW: “Chomping at the Bit” (MAY 7th – May 13th)
- [15 May] Ride Rough by Laura Kaye ★★★★½
- [17 May] Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng ★★★½
- [20 May] Hard Ever After by Laura Kaye ★★★★
this week on the blog
- [22 May] Lockdown by Alexander Gordon Smith ★★★★½
- Top Ten Tuesday: Summer Reads Freebie: In preparation for Memorial Day (which is always the unofficial summer kickoff for me), let’s rec some summer/beach reads: books to go in your beach bag, best books set in summer, books with summer-y covers, best beach reads for people who don’t enjoy contemporary/realistic reads, best beach reads for fans of X genre, etc. etc.
- Book Review: Night Pleasures (A Dark-Hunterverse Novel) by Sherrilyn Kenyon