I decided that I would do a weekly recap, and link up with The Sunday Post, which is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer, that was inspired in part by In My Mailbox. It’s a post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
Last week was the beginning of testing, so the week flew by. When the kids weren’t testing, we did a STEM project where they got the opportunity to build racecars out of cardboard, straws, and Lifesavers. They even got to modify their vehicles with accessories by using index cards and race them on a ramp. They had a blast! Then we ended the week by making piñatas for Cinco de Mayo. Outside of work was pretty boring, as I had no plans.
This week will be busier with the second week of testing, an ortho appointment (braces removal?!?), and the dentist. I’m so excited to find out if I’ll be back to my usual self after Tuesday’s orthodontist appointment, that I can hardly stand it, and keep watching YT vids on people getting their braces off. LOL!
last week on the blog
- [30 Apr] THE WEEK IN REVIEW: “April Showers” (APRIL 23rd – April 30th)
- [2 May] Top Ten Tuesday: The Best Books with Black Covers
- [4 May] Serafina and the Black Cloak by Robert Beatty ★★★★
- [6 May] The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot ★★★★★
this week on the blog
- Book Review: Ride Hard (A Raven Riders Novel) by Laura Kaye
- Book Review: Ride Rough (A Raven Riders Novel) by Laura Kaye
- Audio Review: Whiskey Sour (A Jack Daniels Mystery) by J. A. Konrath
- Audio Review: Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
Summer vacation. The countdown has begun! Only 24 more work days left this school year. My students culminate in 22 days. Memorial Day is in 15 days. Thank you, Jesus!