I decided that I would do a weekly recap, and link up with The Sunday Post, which is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer, that was inspired in part by In My Mailbox. It’s a post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
I haven’t posted in two weeks because honestly, I’m not doing much. I’ve spent this time getting over my jet lag, working on some projects, reading, and watching lots of movies. I haven’t even been working on the blog much. I’ve just been chillin’ and it’s been wonderful. The highlight of the last two weeks has been spending time with friends and family. It’s always fun to kick back with them when I’m not super-stressed from work. Yesterday, I cut most of my hair off so I can get it healthy again. It’s a big change to wear my hair curly, but so far I’m loving it.
Even though I already own physical and e-copies of both of these books, I decided to buy the enhanced iBooks version. I’m really loving it, and have no regrets. The books have so much extra information, that it’s great for readers who’ve read the series more than once. I even think fans of the show who have never read the books would get a real kick out of them. However, all of the enhancements feel a bit overwhelming to newbies. There’s just so much with the maps, character biographies, history links, etc. that a new fan to the series may feel even more hesitant to read the books. Especially when you consider the 735 pages in Game of Thrones alone.
last several weeks on the blog
- [9 Jul] THE WEEKs IN REVIEW: Skoriot ñuhyz zaldrīzesse ilzi? (JUNE 18TH – July 8th)
- [10 Jul] Dance with the Devil by Sherrilyn Kenyon ★★★★
- [12 Jul] Night Play by Sherrilyn Kenyon ★★★★½
- [14 Jul] Eyes of Prey by John Sandford ★★★★★
this week on the blog
- Book Review: The Underground Railroad by Colton Whitehead
- Book Review: O is for Outlaw (Kinsey Millhone) by Sue Grafton
- Book Review: Winter Prey (Lucas Davenport) by John Sandford