I decided that I would do a weekly recap, and link up with The Sunday Post, which is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer, that was inspired in part by In My Mailbox. It’s a post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
The past couple weeks have been pretty much the same. However, they’ve also been pretty busy. Last weekend I attended AMC Theater’s annual Best Picture Showcase. Like last year, my friend and I decided to do the two-part viewing instead of the 24-hour. We’re just too old to hang, and that’s way too much sitting. The first Saturday we watched The Phantom Thread, Lady Bird, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, and The Shape of Water. My favorite was Three Billboards, followed by Lady Bird. The other two were just weird, though beautiful in their own way and well acted.
During the week, work was very busy. I had to finish report cards since the grading period ended. I also had to get the kids prepared for a field trip this Wednesday, and parent conferences this week. Then on Thursday, we had a Lockdown Drill focused on an active shooter on campus. Fun! There’s nothing like terrifying 1st graders into being silent while admin bangs on doors and try to get into the classroom. Friday was Read Across America Day, so my little people and I did loads of Dr. Seuss themed activities. It was a crazy, but fun day.
Yesterday was part-two of the AMCBPS. I finally got a chance to see Dunkirk, The Darkest Hour, Call Me By Your Name, and The Post. The final film of the night was Get Out, but I’ve already seen it, and it’s currently on HBO so I decided to leave early for home. I could have stayed as I actually liked that film, but since I slept through much of The Post, it just didn’t make any sense to stay. Staying up super late reading the night before a movie marathon wasn’t the smartest decision I made all week. Instead, I drove home without eating dinner, crawled in the bed, and fell asleep.
- Best Picture: Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
- Best Actor: Gary Oldman, Darkest Hour
- Best Actress: Francis McDormand, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
- Supporting Actor: Sam Rockwell, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
- Supporting Actress: ?
- Directing: Jordan Peele, Get Out
- Cinematography: Dan Laustsen, The Shape of Water
- Music: Alexandre Desplat, The Shape of Water
last 2 weeks on the blog
- [18 Feb] THE WEEK IN REVIEW: “Wakanda Forever!” (FEBRUARY 11TH – FEBRUARY 17TH)
- [20 Feb] Top Ten Tuesday: Books I’ve Decided I’m No Longer Interested In Reading
- [21 Feb] The Mother of Black Hollywood by Jenifer Lewis
- [23 Feb] André by Sybil Bartel ★★½
this week on the blog
- Book Review: Iron Gold (Red Rising #4) by Pierce Brown
- Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Book Quotes
- Book Review: Mr. Murder by Dean Koontz
- Book Review: Bennett (The Uncompromising Series) by Sybil Bartel