Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
How it works:
I assign each Tuesday a topic and then post my top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join me and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information.
- Read a minimum of 1 hour/day. Since I hit a reading slump, I stopped reading for at least an hour every day last year. This year I plan to spend an hour a day (minimum) reading/listening to something.
- Set weekly reading goals. I plan to set weekly reading goals by choosing at least 2 books to read during the week. Based on the books chosen, I can determine if I can read more or less than planned. This should help me stay mindful of my Goodreads goal of reading 200 books this year.
- Don’t waste time on books I can’t get into by the first chapter. Another reason I was unsuccessful meeting my reading goal last year was wasting too much time on books that didn’t grab me immediately. I don’t like to DNF books, so I wasted a lot of time grappling with the decision. That really put a halt to my reading the last few months of 2017.
- Embrace reading more than one book. I’ve started this last year, but I plan to embrace it more in 2018.
- Don’t get bogged down with series. Last year’s goal was to complete as many unfinished book series as I could. Instead, I mostly got hooked on three main series that I read before all else. This caused me to have a blogging slump as I got tired of blogging about the same stuff. This year I will continue with those series, but I will focus on reading books by other authors.
- Read more comics. I’ve has a Marvel subscription for years, and I have a tendency to forget about it unless I’m in a slump, or looking for a quick read. This is why I’ve been reading the same list since 2016.
- Finish Marvel’s Comics Event – Civil War, Part 1. This is the comics list I began back in 2016, maybe even 2015, and I never completed it. True, part 1 has about 98 comics, but this is ridiculous! I’m more than halfway through the series and plan to finish it this year so I can move on to other storylines.
- Stay updated on 2018 new releases. I got so wrapped up in the series I was reading last year that a lot of books I was waiting for in 2017 slipped my radar. I plan to stay up on it this year so I can get my hands on books I’ve been waiting for immediately.
- Read more classics.
- Clear off bedroom bookshelves. I tend to read ebooks these days, but I still manage to acquire physical books. My shelves are once again full, and I need to clear them. Especially the books I borrowed ages ago from other people. Doh!